1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Cook and drain macaroni according to package directions; set aside.
3. In a large saucepan melt butter.
4. Add flour mixed with salt and pepper, using a whisk to stir until well blended.
5. Pour milk and cream in gradually; stirring constantly.
6. Bring to boiling point and boil 2 minutes (stirring constantly).
7. Reduce heat and cook (stirring constantly) 10 minutes.
8. Add shredded cheddar little by little and simmer an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese melts.
9. Turn off flame.
10. Add macaroni to the saucepan and toss to coat with the cheese sauce.
Bacon Weave Directions
1. Cut bacon package in half lengthwise. Take each piece of bacon and again cut in half lengthwise so that you are left with long skinny strips.
2. Take 5 strips and lay them down in front of you vertically on a piece of plastic wrap. Take every other strip and fold up. Add a 6th piece of bacon horizontally across the pieces of bacon not folded. Lay the folded pieces of bacon back down. Now fold up opposite pieces to last time and repeat by laying another piece of bacon across the unfolded strips. Repeat this process until there is no longer any bacon to fold up creating your weave.
3. Place another piece of plastic wrap over your weave and flatten with a rolling pin. Remove plastic wrap and place your weave in a muffin tin.
4. Put your mac and cheese on top of the weave in each muffin tin. Make sure to make one at a time in the tins to prevent confusion. Fold excess bacon over macaroni.
5. Place on a smoker at 250 F
6. Cook one hour. At one hour mark carefully flip each mac and cheese bacon ball over to reveal your weave. You can sprinkle with rub at this time to add extra flavor. Cook for an additional hour or until bacon appears brown and done.
7. Remove from muffin tins and serve.
Share this Recipe
We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.